NanoImagingServices, Inc. (NIS) is a leading provider of cutting-edge electron microscopy services including single particle cryo-EM, GMP compliant cryo-TEM, and characterization studies of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. NIS, uniquely, develops and maintains its own internal software applications to meet the company’s vast operational needs. Our small team continues to provide an essential ingredient core to the scale and growth across all our sites.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, innovative software engineer interested in a dynamic commercial environment to join our talented team at the San Diego, California site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Enhance and maintain a continually growing Django web application that spans the entire company operations
● Learn from current developers to build domain expertise with our most important software tool
● Work within our developer operation requirements
● Meet weekly with product owners to progress our company requirements
● Build software tests and documentation while maintaining current/new software
● Building and improving software to run scientific instrumentation and analyses
A successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, and 1-3 years programming experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
● Strong skills in Django development, or other similar server-side full stack frameworks.
● Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity in software engineering development principles and architecture, with strong experience in Linux/Unix software development.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present work to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
● Demonstrated strong analytical and independent problem-solving abilities.
● User level knowledge of Mac OS, Unix/Linux, data warehousing.
● Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
● Interest in chemistry, biology or other scientific fields is a plus.
● Must be legally permitted to work in the United States (US Citizen / Permanent Resident).