NanoImaging Services is the global leader in cryo transmission electron microscopy services. Our services are designed to meet the specific imaging, analysis and documentation requirements of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and nanotechnology industries.
NIS is unique in its capability of providing high resolution protein structure determination services by the Nobel-prizing winning Cryo-EM method using advanced in-house microscopes, including the Titan Krios and Glacios microscopes equipped with direct electron detectors.
To support and expand the enablement of the most challenging of targets in drug discovery, development, and delivery, we are looking for an exceptionally talented laboratory technician at our location in San Diego, CA to join our Lab Operations team and support our growing fleet of state-of-the-art analytical and vitrification tools.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and intaking client samples and packages
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering Wet Lab supplies
- Executing both routine and specialized experiments on Refeyn
- Preparation of various samples for multiple applications
- Packing and transferring samples between internal sites and external clients with guidance from the various team lead
- Closely collaborating with other team members to ensure that projects are completed within demanding deadlines and to the highest quality possible
- Maintaining accurate records and performing data entry of experiments, projects, and other sample related information.
- Organizing, monitoring and maintains lab spaces and equipment, including client samples, general lab supplies, and microscopy specific lab supplies
A successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering or a related area in life sciences
- At least one year of laboratory experience
- Be comfortable handling technically advanced and sensitive equipment
- Be comfortable carrying out complicated assignments and working with delicate materials
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new operating systems and advanced software
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes
- Be self-motivated and have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions with careful attention to detail
The following qualifications would be considered a plus:
- Previous experience in investigating biological specimens
- Previous experience in operating highly technical scientific instruments
- Previous experience in the preparation of negatively stained and/or vitrified specimen grids for TEM